What To Expect During Your Pet’s Senior Years
As your pet ages you’ll notice subtle changes. It’s important to understand normal aging versus abnormal changes in your pet’s health.
Some of the expected changes will include:
- Sleeping more
- Graying coat, especially around the mouth
- Dental & gum disease (veterinary care required)
- Deterioration of hearing & vision
- Joint inflammation & discomfort (arthritis)
- Muscle shrinkage and body weakness
- Decreased skin’s elasticity
Your pet will probably want more attention and need an increasing amount of reassurance. Take time to attend to your pet’s needs, particularly veterinary care and changing nutritional requirements, and you’ll have a positive influence on the quality and longevity of his life.